A new grant for Solar PV has been announced on the 31st July 2018 by Minister Denis Naughton. This grant for purchasing domestic Solar Photovoltaic (electricity generating) solar panels is available to any homes built prior to 2011. The other specifics of the grant are as follows;
- Only for Solar PV Systems installed after July 31st
- €700 for every kWh up to max 2kWp. Any installation over 2kWp must install a battery
- A Battery Storage system is eligible for a €1000 grant.
- Battery Storage must be a minimum of 2kWh storage capacity, connected to a minimum of 2kWp solar PV.
- There are no payments for exported electricity
- The grant is a once off lump sum payment
- If you have installed PV already, you can apply for the battery grant
- Only an installer who is on SEAI’s Renewable Installers Register for solar PV can certify the installation
- Once the system is installed, you will need to get a BER assessment
Get in touch today to arrange an appointment and see how we can start saving you money. Call us on (01)8643838 or fill in the form.